Saturday 2 March 2013

Celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday with some cake

Today is March 2nd, a fine day, you say,
 But what's so special, what's happening today?
Well, my friend, I'm here to tell you
That it's Dr. Seuss' birthday, it's true!
The man who wrote a book with two hundred and thirty-six words
I've read that one twice, or it could be my third
That cat in the hat, the Lorax, the Grinch
These silly friends with silly rhymes make reading a cinch
So thank you, Dr. Seuss, you'll be in my heart
As the man who helped me read, you played a big part!

What better way to celebrate than with cake and a poem? Today's post is all Dr. Seuss, including my previous Dr. Seuss nails, and a Seuss-style cake as seen in The Cat in the Hat Comes Back:
The Cat in the Hat

Green Eggs and Ham
 What's your favourite Dr. Seuss story? Have a great weekend, guys!

6 comments:

  1. Love all of them! Great poem btw!! I wasn't aware it was his birthday! I went out to search for his books on the very same day! Haha! But I was in a rush, and the ques were ridiculously long so I didn't make any purchase. Aw, but I loved all of them! Makes me wondered why no one bought me those when I was just starting to read? Hahahahha!!! I would have loved these more than 'Peter and Jane' ;P Gonna make a trip to the mall again on a weekday LOL so there's fewer people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha aww I hope you are successful next time! Ahh I remember reading "See Spot Run", or something like that lol, don't know if I read "Peter and Jane" :P Well now we know to pass on these Dr. Seuss stories to our children :D

      Delete
  2. this is so cute!!!! you did such a great job on the nail art, it looks like his illustrations exactly! :D your poem is so creative. i had a ton of his books when i was a kid too... ah, the nostalgia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you so much! :) Dr. Seuss and Bernstein Bears were my favourite books as a kid!

      Delete
  3. I love the Grinch and The Lorax, classics I must say. What a beautiful poem you wrote for him! Great tribute <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Thanks a lot, I was pretty much making it up as I went along, but I'm glad it worked out pretty well :) <3

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make my day!
Please do not use this section to drop links that are irrelevant to the post's content. I reserve the right to remove these. If you'd like to contact me, please e-mail me.