Monday 30 July 2012

Nail Art: Cookies & Milk with Nails Inc Sugar House Lane

I have some sweet nail art for you today, with Sugar House Lane from the Nails Inc Sprinkles collection. I went to stalk my local Sephora the week after this collection came out, and was surprised they still didn't have it out on display. After a couple more times of disappointment, I finally asked one of the girls working there, and turns out the display was up near the checkout counter all along. Oops.

Anywho, I pick up two of my favourites, and Sugar House Lane was one of them. I was sold on the milky base and black glitter - reminded me so much of cookies and cream.


Sugar House Lane is a light taupe base with matte black and silver glitter. Because of the milky base, the silver glitter looks white. The glitter lays flat and smooth on the nail. I only needed one coat for great colour and glitter coverage.

Polishes:
Left to right: Nails Inc "Sugar House Lane", Nubar "Swiss Chocolate", Sally Hansen "Black Out", Sally Hansen "White On"
 Materials:
  • bobby pin
  • nail art brush
  • toothpick
  • nail art pen
Directions:
Base: Paint your nails with Sugar House Lane

Cookies:
1) Paint a circle with a bobby pin (or dotting tool if you have one).
2) Use nail art brush to paint a small half-circle on the edge of the first circle you drew.
3) Repeat step 2) all the way around your large circle.
4) Add white dots with a toothpick. Use the points between your half-circles to get the dots evenly spaced.

Milk:
1) Use a nail art brush to paint a flat oval for the lip of the milk bottle.
2) Paint the bottle body with your brush.
3) Paint the form of the bottle lip with thin round strokes, and the milk line with an oval.
4) Outline the rest of the bottle and add the word MILK with either a nail art pen or brush.

Finished!


Doesn't this make you want to eat an Oreo? Does this polish look as appetizing to you as it does to me?

3 comments:

  1. haha! while they don't remind me of oreos, they sure made me wanna go grab some famous amos's chocolate chip cookies! :D love the cookies tutorial! so cute! thanks for sharing ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried Famous Amos cookies before! I feel like I'm missing out on something xD You're very welcome my dear, I'm so glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some of the cutest nail designs ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make my day!
Please do not use this section to drop links that are irrelevant to the post's content. I reserve the right to remove these. If you'd like to contact me, please e-mail me.